The Texas Educational Support Staff Association (TESA) was organized March 3, 1951, in Houston, Texas, with sixty-eight charter members. Since the organization meeting, TESA has been affiliated with the National Association of Educational Office Professionals and from 1952 until 1980 was affiliated with the Texas State Teacher’s Association. In 1976 TESA affiliated with the Texas Association of School Administrators.
FLOWER, COLORS, EMBLEM, PIN, MASCOT, BANNER, MAGAZINE
|Official Flower:||Texas Bluebonnet|
|Colors:||Blue and gold (Blue for loyalty and Gold for education.)|
|Official Emblem and Pin:||In the form of a star representing the Lone State. At the bottom of the star are the letters TESA.|
|Mascot:||A booted and spurred cowgirl doll.|
|Banner:||Official emblem on a blue background, trimmed with gold.|
|Newsletter:||The TESA Connection, published four times a year.|
July 9-13, 1951, the Dallas School Secretaries Association and Southern Methodist University co-sponsored an institute for educational secretaries. One hundred secretaries attended. In 1952, another such institute was offered by SMU.
In 1954, the Texas Association of School Administrators joined TESA in requesting the University of Texas to offer a one-week work conference for educational secretaries as one of its summer courses. The first conference was held in 1955. A conference has been scheduled each year since. TESA began sponsoring a conference on their own in1960.
The Fall Work Conference was held annually with the last being November 2011.
TESA recommends membership in NAEOP for all members.